1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 bag broccoli
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1/2 TSP black pepper
1/2 TSP salt
Crushed red pepper to taste
1 packet stevia (or preferred sweetener)
1) Cook the quinoa according to instructions.
2) Steam bag of broccoli while chipping red and green peppers. Set all aside.
3) In a separate bowl, mix the juice of the lemons, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, salt, red pepper and stevia. Set aside.
4) In a big mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa, broccoli and peppers.
5) Rinse can of corn and add to mixture. Do the same with the can of black beans. Add both to quinoa/broccoli/pepper mix.
6) Pour in lemon mixture and toss it all together until the salad is coated.
7) Chill and serve!
A serving size is one cup. I topped mine with a couple tablespoons of salsa and ate it with gluten-free blue corn chips. The chips and salsa were the perfect complement! It makes a great light and filling lunch that I highly recommend.
Happy Monday, y'all!